Writing Program Tutors for Undergraduate Students
— – Hi! I am a senior Nursing major this year. I’m eager to meet you and work together on nursing writing assignments you face this year! I enjoyed tutoring in this area last year, and am excited to continue again. In my free moments, I enjoy hiking, running and reading non-nursing literature.
– Hi! I am a junior History/Social Sciences and Secondary Education major with a Pre-Law and Honors minor. I worked as a content tutor last semester, but will be tutoring writing this year as well. I’m excited to continue working at the Academic Support Center this semester! Read my philosophy of tutoring!
– Hi! I’m a senior history major from Lancaster, PA. After studying abroad for the past year, I am returning to EMU and looking forward to working again as a writing tutor.
— – I am a junior majoring in Nursing with a minor in Spanish. As a tutor, my goal is to make writing a less intimidating experience, and I look forward to helping my peers strengthen their writing skills. When I’m not busy with school work, I enjoy being outdoors, playing Scrabble, crafting, and eating whoopie pies.
– Hi, my name is Emilie Raber and I’m a senior history major. I’ll go to law school in the near future but I’m not sure if that will be immediately after graduation. I enjoy tutoring because students can make so much progress if they truly want to, a process that’s rewarding for me and empowering for the student. When I’m not studying or working, I enjoy cooking, dancing, working out, and spending time with my family and friends.
– Hi! I’m a senior art education major and environmental sustainability minor from Alexandria, VA. I have tutored writing since my sophomore year of high school, and it’s something I enjoy very much! Helping my peers release their thoughts onto paper and express themselves with words is a really great experience. I look forward to another year in the writing center!
– I am a senior psychology major originally from Lancaster, PA; I can usually be found reading mystery novels, thrift shopping, or spending time with friends. This is my second year as a writing tutor, and I am looking forward to helping my peers become more confident writers.