Management and Organizational Development
Requirements for admission
The admissions selection process is designed to identify those students who have potential for completing a university degree program. Degree completion programs are designed to build on experience and previous college credit. As a first step, your background and goals are assessed to determine where you are in relation to the degree program.
To be admitted you must:
- Transfer to EMU with at least 60 semester hours of college credit from accredited community colleges or four-year institutions with a minimum 2.0 grade point average. (If you are a Blue Ridge Community College transfer student , please review the matriculation agreement and course recommendations for maximum benefit!)
- Have life experience (owning a business, volunteerism, professional work, etc.) from which learning can be demonstrated.
- Demonstrate writing skills that will allow you to complete summary papers for each course, life-learning papers as needed, and longer research-based writing assignments.
- Have current work experience or significant volunteer involvement that will provide a forum to practice management and organizational development concepts and provide the setting for the application of research project.
- Be at least 25 years of age and currently employed.
How to apply
You must complete the following nine-step process to properly enroll in the program. Contact us if you have questions or for assistance with the admissions process.
- Attend a meeting with a program representative who will present information about the program and the application process.
- Submit an application with a $25 fee to Eastern Mennonite University through the Adult Degree Completion Program Office.
- Submit requests for official academic transcripts from all institutions you have attended.
- Complete a writing sample and an autobiographical outline.
- Obtain a transcript evaluation from the EMU registrar.
- Meet with the assessment counselor to initially evaluate your portfolio.
- Complete financial aid information and arrangements.
- Attend the convocation meeting.
- Attend the first night of class.
International Students’ Application Process for ADCP
International students who meet admissions requirements for the MOD or RN-BS in Nursing programs are permitted to enroll after meeting United States Center for Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements. International students must identify their visa type on the ADCP application form and, during the admissions process, meet with the Director of International Student Services. They must also meet with the ADCP academic advisor before each traditional semester to create an individualized enrollment plan that meets full-time USCIS enrollment requirements for International students.
Tuition and fees
The cost for the Adult Degree Completion Program may vary each year (July 1 to June 30). You pay an additional fee for portfolio assessment, based on the number of semester hours you request. Costs for additional course work at EMU or other institutions are not included in the Adult Degree Completion Program tuition and fees.
Students in the Adult Degree Completion Program are eligible to apply for financial aid. A complete financial aid packet is available from the program representative. To be eligible to receive federal financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must also complete the ADCP Financial Aid Information Sheet (FAIS)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is processed by a federal processor and the results are reported to you on a Student Aid Report. The staff in the financial assistance office will determine your eligibility to receive federal grants and loans. Students will not receive notification aid until they have been admitted to the Adult Degree Completion Program and have completed the FAFSA and FAIS.
Applying for financial aid in a timely manner and following up on any request for additional forms or loan information is very important. Federal guidelines are strict and if all information is not submitted within certain time frames, you risk becoming ineligible for aid.
Some students may receive financial assistance for the program from their employers. If you are receiving employer assistance, you will need to have your employer authorize payment for the program. Other students will pay for the program with personal funds. These students may pay at the beginning of each semester or use a monthly payment plan. Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive payment information. The Adult Degree Completion Program also has scholarship funds available in the form of matching grants and need-based assistance.
To avoid jeopardizing financial aid eligibility, you should not withdraw from the program without first consulting with your academic coordinator. It is important to begin classes on the entrance date cited at the time of application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the program representative at (540) 432-4983 or the Financial Assistance Office at (540) 432-4137.
Eastern Mennonite University reserves the right to change this program without prior notice in accordance with established procedures. This information is descriptive and is not to be construed as a legal contract.