Technical assistance for the webinars
The restorative justice webinar series is carried out on Zoom.us, an online communications service similar to Skype. If this is your first webinar and you do not have Zoom installed, it is recommended you do so at least 15 to 20 minutes prior to the webinar start time.
Before the webinar
- Download Zoom here: https://zoom.us/support/download – Supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS (iPhones, iPads, etc.), & Android
- Ensure you have a high-speed internet connection: Cable, DSL, office internet, or 4G LTE cellular service (data usage rates may apply)
- Ensure your computer or mobile device audio is working
Joining & participating in the webinar
Upon completing the webinar registration, you should have received a confirmation email with a web link to enter the webinar. One day prior to the webinar, you will also receive a reminder email with the same information. If you use a digital calendar system such as Google Calendar, it is recommended you use the “Add to calendar” links in either of these emails. This will add the webinar information to your calendar, including the link you need to click to enter the webinar.
- Click the web link 1 to 2 minutes before the scheduled start time (Eastern/US time zone).
- A web browser tab will appear telling you that you’re being connected to the webinar
- The Zoom software will then load on your computer and connect you to the webinar
- Once connected to the webinar, you may be asked to select which audio device to use. Complete this step, and you will be fully connected to the webinar.
Participation for attendees during the webinar is limited to the Q&A button which appears at the bottom of the Zoom video screen. Click the button to bring up the Q&A interface, and type in your question there. You will be given further instructions for who to send those questions to during the webinar.