Technical assistance for the webinars
The restorative justice webinar series will make use of the software, WebEx Event Center. The following tips are intended to help you prepare your computer for the webinar, saving time and potential technical difficulties.
Note: Please give yourself at least 15 to 20 minutes before the webinar to install and test the software. Also, please review the Known technical issues section below.
Before the webinar
Note: If you attend multiple webinars, the instructions below are only necessary for the first webinar.
You can save time and potential technical difficulties by downloading and installing the WebEx software. Based on your operating system and web browser, please click the appropriate download link below. Once downloaded, you must then run the installer program to fully install WebEx on your computer.
- Windows, Internet Explorer: download installer
- Windows, Firefox & Chrome: download installer
- Mac, all browsers: download installer
- Linux: Firefox browser only. No installer provided.
After installation is complete: Test your installation
Joining the webinar
- You will be able to join the webinar 5 minutes before it begins. Please arrive early to ensure that your computer is ready.
- When the WebEx application appears, you will be asked if you want to participate in an “Integrated Voice Conference.” Click “Yes” – this will enable you to hear the webinar audio. Example:
- Interaction for participants during the webinar will be limited to the chat box. If you have questions, please enter them there. A discussion facilitator will be monitoring that window to bring relevant questions to the host and panelists.
Known technical issues
- Mac OS X users: WebEx has a known bug related to USB audio headsets (earphones/microphone), which causes the application to crash. Please do not use these devices, relying instead on your built-in speakers or non-USB earbuds/headphones.