Cost & Financial Aid
- Each graduate credit costs $425
- The current cost (through June 2015) for the MA in Education program is approximately $15,800 (includes tuition and fees).
Payment of Charges
Payment is due on the first day of class.
On the first day of class, EMU accepts cash, personal checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders for payment of tuition/fees.
Alternately, the following options may be arranged prior to the course start. Please bring proof of payment on the first day of class. For details on each of the options below, visit the EMU Business Office
• One-time online payment using a personal checking account (no fee) or major credit card (2.75% fee).
• Payment by phone: To make phone payments, call the EMU cashier at 540-432-4575. These payments carry a 3% convenience fee.
• Monthly Payment Plan using a personal checking account (no fee) or major credit card (2.75% fee). A carrying charge is due for this service.
• Financial Aid: You may apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan through the Financial Assistance Office. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (file online at www.fafsa.gov EMU code 003708) and an EMU Financial Aid Information Sheet (FAIS) must be completed. Half-time enrollment status is required (5 or more credits per semester). Packets of financial aid forms are available from the Lancaster MA in Education office: (717) 397-5190. It is very important to file the appropriate forms in a timely manner and to contact the Financial Assistance Office if you do not receive a response within four to six weeks. Federal aid guidelines require forms to be submitted by certain deadlines, and not doing so may jeopardize your aid eligibility. If you have questions, feel free to contact the Financial Assistance Office on EMU’s main campus in Virginia at 800-330-9683 or
To check your account balance A monthly finance charge of 1.5% will be added to student accounts with outstanding balances.
For the EMU cashier, call 540-432-4575
The EMU Graduate Catalog states, “Failure to meet financial obligations is cause for denying the student the privilege of registering for or attending subsequent classes, receiving a degree, or releasing a transcript of credit.”
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact: