Online Faith Community Nursing Certificate
Faith Community Nurses assist the members of their faith community to maintain and/or regain wholeness in body, mind and spirit. This certificate is approved for 45 contact hours.
Dates and Time: September 2 – December 9, 2014 (requires 4-5 hours a week on-line)
The Role of a Faith Community Nurse
This certificate program is designed to prepare RN’s to serve effectively within their faith communities. Working collaboratively within a community of faith, the nurse may function in one or all of the following roles:
- Health educator
- Personal health counselor
- Health advocate
- Referral agent
- Community liaison
- Coordinator of volunteers
- Integrator of faith & health
- Developer of support groups
Explore the personal and professional dimensions of spirituality and the process of developing a parish nurse ministry within a community of faith. The curriculum follows the guidelines recommended by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center.
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills to implement a health ministry in a faith community.
- Integrate spirituality and theology into the health ministry/faith community nurse role.
- Enhance the health of a congregation and community.
- Expand the dimensions of a faith community nurse role.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues of Congregational Ministries of Health.
For Continuing Education Units (contact hours):
- Current, active RN license
- Nursing experience
Tammy Kiser, RN, MSN
Assistant Professor, Online course instructor
Refunds will be issued if requested in writing one month in advance of the start date (minus $25 processing fee).
For more information please contactAdministrative Assistant, RN to BS in Nursing