Online Faith Community Nursing Certificate
Faith Community Nurses assist the members of their faith community to maintain and/or regain wholeness in body, mind and spirit. This certificate is approved for 46 contact hours.
Dates and Time: September 3 – November 19, 2013 (requires 4-5 hours a week on-line)
Cost: $400 includes 46 contact hours
The Role of a Faith Community Nurse
This certificate program is designed to prepare RN’s to serve effectively within their faith communities. Working collaboratively within a community of faith, the nurse may function in one or all of the following roles:
- Health educator
- Personal health counselor
- Health advocate
- Referral agent
- Community liaison
- Coordinator of volunteers
- Integrator of faith & health
- Developer of support groups
Explore the personal and professional dimensions of spirituality and the process of developing a parish nurse ministry within a community of faith. The curriculum follows the guidelines recommended by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center
Upon completion, the participant will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills to implement a health ministry in a faith community.
- Integrate spirituality and theology into the health ministry/faith community nurse role.
- Enhance the health of a congregation and community.
- Expand the dimensions of a faith community nurse role.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues of Congregational Ministries of Health.
For Continuing Education Units (contact hours):
- Current, active RN license
- Nursing experience
Tammy Kiser, RN, MSN
Assistant Professor, Online course instructor
Barbara Graybill, J.D.
Graybill & Wise, P.C.
Attorneys at Law
Margie Miller, BSN
Community Evangelical Church
Sinking Spring, PA
Ruth Stoll, DNSc. RN
Congregational Ministries of Health Course
Linda Witmer, MPH, M.Div., RN
Administrative Director of RN to B.S. in Nursing
Associate Professor in Nursing
Refunds will be issued if requested in writing one month in advance of the start date (minus $25 processing fee).
Accommodation information available upon request.
For more information please contact
Sheryn Jerchau, Administrative Assistant