Summer Office Hours
For May, 2016:
Tuesday: CLOSED (All-City Strings Celebration)
CLOSED for entire week. If you have something that
needs immediate attention, please contact:
The Shenandoah Valley Summer Strings Camp featuring The Steel Wheels Fiddle Workshop!
The Steel Wheels are back, and this year’s camp will be bigger and better! While the Fiddle Workshop portion (alone) is still only for violin students, we are happy to announce that this year we will be able include our Suzuki Day Camp and Multi-Styles teen students (any instrument) in the Fiddle Workshop as well, and we plan to add more instruments in future years!
- Red Wing Fiddle Workshop (violin only)
- Suzuki Violin Camp or Multi-Styles Teen Camp (includes the Red Wing Fiddle workshop for ALL string instruments)
- Pre-Twinkle/Beginner Violin Camp
For more camp information, and to register, please visit: emu.edu/musiclessons
Preparatory Music Program
Shenandoah Valley Preparatory Music became a program of EMU’s department of music in 1988 and is dedicated to providing the highest quality music education to all students in the central Shenandoah Valley regardless of age, race, ability, financial circumstances, or ethnic origin through private and/or group instruction in a variety of musical areas as well as through performance settings. Under the direction of administrative director Sharon M.D. Miller, musical instruction is given to over 400 students in the following areas:
- Instrumental music instruction: violin, viola, cello, double bass, piano, flute, guitar; Suzuki violin, viola, cello, piano, flute and guitar.
- Recreational Music Making: adult group piano classes
- Musikgarten: ages birth to 5 years
- Shenandoah Valley Youth Symphony and Junior Strings: grades 3-12
- Harrisonburg City School Strings Program: grades 3-4 in the elementary schools and grades 5-8 in the middle schools
For more information contact .
The PDF Brochure and Registration Form, which contains important program and pricing information, can be found HERE.
Our students and performances
Believing music can enrich everyone’s life and is to be shared, performances are arranged in formal and informal settings on EMU’s campus and throughout the community to provide quality music education to the residents of the greater central Shenandoah Valley area. Participants come from as far north and east as Woodstock and Luray and from as far south as Waynesboro and Lexington. Students also travel from West Virginia.
- June 27 – 30th Shenandoah Valley Strings Camp featuring The Steel Wheels Fiddle Workshop!
Phone 540-432-4277 or