For the final gathering we suggest that you pull together all the materials at your disposal that show participants options for places and directions that they can move towards after the Timothy Project is over. You might want to call the collection Roads to Ministry as we did. Many persons sense a call to ministry, but don’t know what to do with it. If you do not put the appropriate amount of energy into gathering these materials you will end up with nothing more than a frustrated group of persons at the end of your nine weeks together. These persons want to know what to do with their calling. You should expose them to as many options as possible and then witness to what God seems to be speaking to them. It is your job to make it easy for them to find the next step in their journey of embodying their call to ministry.
It will be important that you provide a good overview of the types of ministry opportunities available to those sensing a call to ministry and to present them to those participating in the Timothy Project.
Since each location affiliates itself in different ways we will only give you some suggestions for categories to consider. Create a packet with your choices from the following list.
- Create a complete list of ministries in your congregation that these persons could consider. This list should be comprehensive and not just positions that are available. Use this opportunity to inform these persons what is going on in your congregation.
- Explore and share a comprehensive overview of MC USA agencies and ministries. This can be found at http://www.mennoniteusa.org/.
- Contact the mission board or boards that you affiliate with. They will be happy to create a folder filled with current opportunities.
- Contact the Bible schools and seminaries that you feel comfortable recommending to those in your program. Ask them to send you catalogs and new student information to be handed out to your participants.
- Reflect on other ministries in your community that you would feel good about directing your participants towards and gather the material necessary to be able to inform them.