Spring 2013 Cell Activities
The STEM learning community is active year-round. Six activities will take place during the fall semester, and three during the spring. Activities are designed to address issues freshmen face in their first semester. Professors, STEM professionals and upper-level students join us for interaction and discussion.
Planned group events
Must attend at least one of the following planned group events:
- STEM lunch – Out of classroom opportunities: Thursday, February 14 from 12-1 p.m. in the West Dining Room
- Career chats – Local STEM professional dinner: Tuesday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m. in the West Dining Room
Suter Science Seminars and discussions
Must attend two out of four Suter Science Seminars and discussions:
- Friday, January 25 from 4-5:30 p.m. in SSC room 104
- Friday, February 8 from 4-5:30 p.m. in SSC room 104
- Monday, March 25 from 4-5:30 p.m. in SSC room 106
- Friday, April 12 from 4-5:30 p.m. in SSC room 106
In addition to these group-planned activities, each Bridges Mentor plans two events per semester for the cell they lead. Throughout the year, STEM faculty will also host desserts and discussions in their homes for cells.