Pastoral Assistants (PAs)
Pastoral assistants serve the EMU campus community in a variety of roles. Most PAs support and mentor the ministry assistants from a particular residence hall, meeting regularly in ministry accountability groups (MAG).
In addition, PAs plan and lead chapel services and facilitate gatherings that nurture spiritual growth and faith formation on campus by encouraging reflection, conversations, and dialogue along with planning Spiritual Renewal Events.
PAs are students who exhibit maturity of Christian faith, have experience in peer ministry, might have interest in ministry as a vocation or are discerning a call to ministry. PAs meet regularly with the campus pastors for mentoring and planning.
- Perry Blosser, Brittany Williams, Cela Hoefle, Alexa Weeks (Fall), Grayson Mast, Caleb Schrock-Hurst, Nathaniel Nissley, Elizabeth Resto, Austin Sachs, Rachel Breidigan (Spring)
If interested in serving as a PA, complete this PA application form. The application deadline is the final day of February.
Ministry Assistants (MAs)
Ministry assistants are students who are called and equipped to serve as a ministry presence on their residence hall floors. They practice and reflect on peer ministries through taking a practicum course in small group ministries, ministry accountability groups, and retreats. The ministry of MAs includes leading weekly times of Bible study, sharing, prayer, service, peer support as well as relationship building.
- Elmwood: Joseph Harder, Victoria Barnes, Meredith Stinnette, : Larissa Graber
- Maplewood: Kate Kauffman, : Aaron Gusler, : Andy King
- Cedarwood: Caleb Oakes, Mathew Zimmerman, Lucas Wenger, Emma Hoover, : Laura Rittenhouse, Jenna Lile, Clara Weybright, Anali Martin
- Northlawn: Val Hernandez, Kyra Lehman, Nik Tucker, Holly Mumaw : Lindsay Acker, Sara Byler
If interested in being an MA, complete this MA application form. MA applications will be accepted until the end of February or until positions are filled.
Campus ministries provides resources for use by PAs and MAs and any others for Bible studies, small groups, events, and retreats. The books, games, DVDs and supplies are categorized and shelved according to subject and can be signed out from the Student Life Suite in University Commons.