Welcome to the EMU Fitness Center, located in the University Commons! The Fitness Center provides an enjoyable array of activities for individual and group exercise and wellness in a safe and clean environment.
Highlights of the Fitness Center:
- A clean, safe facility conveniently located on campus, with a friendly staff to assist you during open hours.
- A variety of equipment, including: treadmills, bicycles, ellipticals, workout bag, rowers, an exercise studio, and a weight room.
- Competitive membership rates for community members, alumni, family members of staff and students, high school students, seniors and area pastors.
- Group classes are regularly offered in the group exercise room, including aerobics, dance, yoga and martial arts.
- Certified Personal Trainers are available to assist members with individual fitness goals. You may contact one of our personal trainers to arrange your training session.
- An I-Pod in the weight room plays selected-approved music. If you would like to listen to your own music, feel free to bring your own with headphones.
- Several televisions in the cardio fitness area. To access the sound, please set your earphones to the digital display on top of the television.
Please remember that we are a university fitness center. Therefore, our policies and services center around our students. Holiday and semester break hours are determined by student worker availability and are subject to change. At times the Fitness Center and track may close due to building hours, home games or athletic practices. Please refer to our hours for details.