3 on 3 Basketball Guidelines
- NCAA rules apply except for the following :
The tournament will be round robin with a championship game at the end of the night. If two teams are tied at the end of round robin then their face to face match up will determine the championship game participant. If more than one team is tied then point differential during the face to face games will determine the winner.
- No more than one ex-varsity player will be allowed on the court at a time for any one team in A league or the co-ed league.
- For the co-ed league one woman must be on the court at all times.
- The games will be played on a half court
- One three point shot will be taken to determine who gets the ball first. If the player makes the shot his/her team will take the ball out first. If he/she misses the other team will have first possession.
- To start play the ball must be beyond the three-point line and the ball must be passed at least one time before a shot or dribble is taken.
- Whenever the ball changes possession the ball must be taken beyond the three-point white line.
- Each round will consist of one game to 30 or 15 minutes which ever comes first. If the score is tied at the end of 15 minutes the next basket wins. Each basket will count two points.
Each basket beyond the three point line will be three points. The team does not have to win by two points.
- The white line will be used for three points for the men and the blue line will be used for the women
- For a league with less than four teams the round robin games will be to 45. The championship game will still be to 30. There will be no time limit for the games to 45.
- Players will call their own fouls. Calls will be honored by the opposing team. When a foul is called against a team the other team will receive procession of the ball. There will be no foul shots.
- At the end of each game the captain should report the score to the Rec sports staff member.