A housing opportunity for undergraduate seniors, graduate students and seminary students
EMU is pleased to provide students with the opportunity to live in an apartment complex adjacent to campus. The three-building complex is located on Mt. Clinton Pike (see map), and includes 11 one-bedroom apartments.
Village Apartments offer housing for married and older single students in a community setting that is convenient to campus.
Residents of the EMU-owned Village Apartments must be a student at EMU, maintain a 2.0 GPA and have no major disciplinary incidents on their record. In the case of a married couple, one spouse must be a student. A maximum of two persons can live in an apartment.
Additionally, students must have met one of the following criteria:
- Earned at least 90 semester hours of credit by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested. (i.e., senior status) AND be at least 21 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested.
- Be at least 24 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested, regardless of credit hours earned.
All residents must comply with the lifestyle standards of EMU — for example, no alcohol on campus property. (See the Community Lifestyle Commitment required of all EMU faculty, staff and students.)
- Immediate access to campus
- Two floors
- One bedroom, living/dining area, kitchen, full bath
- Major kitchen appliances
- Wall air-conditioning unit in bedroom
- Laundry facilities within the three-building complex
Rent: The monthly rent is $500 with a rental period of 10-12 months. Monthly rent for 8-9 month rental is $520. Monthly rent for a rental period less than 8 months is $560.
Billing: A rental account is established for each individual in the apartment and is charged the following monthly scenario amounts based on our most common lease (8-9 month): Two tenants – $255.
Deposit: Security deposit is $500. It includes:
- $250 to hold an apartment (non-refundable).
- $250 balance due when the lease is signed.
$350 of the deposit is refundable at the end of the lease, provided the apartment was well-maintained and all agreements met.
Utilities: EMU covers water, sewer and trash pickup. Tenant covers electricity (billed to rental account), phone, cable and internet. Packages available through Comcast.
Note: A limited number of furnished apartments are available for an additional charge of $10/month.
For more information or to reserve an apartment, contact:
Director of Auxiliary Services
Phone: (540) 432-4662
Eastern Mennonite University
1200 Park Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Eastern Mennonite University admits students of any gender, race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, regardless of disability. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.