Applications and Other Forms
2017-2018 Suite/Apartment Application Information
(HillsideSuites, Parkwood Apartments, and Traditional Residence Hall Suites)
Note: All students interested in Apartment/Suite Housing or Theme Housing for 2017-2018 should attend the informational meeting in Suter Science Center 106 on November 21 at 8pm
- Hillside Suites or Parkwoods Apartments: Available to fulltime juniors (56+SH) and seniors (90+SH) or those students age 20+ by 9/1/2017. Hillside and Parkwoods contracts are for one full academic year (fall and spring).
- Traditional Residence Hall Suites: Available to any fulltime undergraduate student. Preference given to upper class students. A 2.0 cumulative GPA is required at the time of application per person, and an average of 3.0 for the group is required. Students with one or more alcohol/drug-related violation are ineligible to live in a suite. Students with two or more of ANY kind of violation are also ineligible. Applications with less than 4 residents for both semesters will not be considered. If your group fails to meet any of the above criteria, your application must be accompanied by a letter of appeal.
Suite/Apartment Application Instructions:
- 1. Create an IDENTIFYING CODE for your suite/apartment group. This code should be a unique combination of letters and numbers that no other group will use. Each individual applicant must insert the same identical code on their application.
- 2. Each individual in the group needs to complete the Suite/Apartment Application . You must be logged into Google with your EMU email account.
- 3. Read the general application and contract information sections thoroughly (at beginning of online application).
- 4. Submit all individual applications online no later than February 15, 2016. Individual forms submitted separately may not be considered.
- 5. If you have any questions or concerns about the Suite/Apartment Application process, please contact .
This process is extremely competitive. The following weighting system is in place in order to determine applicant priority for choosing placement. Applications will be due on February 6, 2017. Weighting is as follows:
- AGE as of 9/1/2017: ≤18 (0), 19 (1), 20(2), 21(3), Over 21 (5)
- CLASS LEVEL as of 9/01/2017: So (1), Jr (3), Sr (5)
-Upon application submission, suite is fully occupied both semesters (5 extra points per group)
-Current disciplinary probation status (-2 points)
Off-campus housing application
Because we believe that residence hall living fosters social and emotional development, it is required that all full-time single, undergraduate students live on campus. Students must submit a form to request off-campus housing approval and document their eligibility during the semester prior to living off-campus.
Exemption may be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live with parents or legal guardians.
- Have earned a total of at least 90 semester hours of credit before fall semester registration day of the academic year in which off-campus housing is requested. (i.e., senior status) and be at least 21 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested.
- Be at least 23 years of age by September 1 of the academic year in which off campus housing is requested, regardless of credit hours earned.
- Need to reserve an apartment due to marriage plans within the semester.
- Require specialized care as prescribed by a medical doctor.
Questions? Contact the Residence Life Office at 432-4135.