Crisis Management Preparedness Team
Read about the spring 2013 mumps outbreak in Virginia
EMU’s Crisis Management Preparedness Team (CMPT) has been in operation since spring 2006, when President Loren Swartzendruber formed the group and tasked its members with creating a comprehensive crisis preparedness plan.
CMPT is one part several campus teams that are safety- and crisis-oriented in nature. See a diagram of those teams and their functions.
CMPT meets monthly to review policies and safety plans, discuss crisis scenarios and drills, review communication plans, and process all things related to potential campus crises. This includes reviewing systems and processes related to the possible need to recess for a pandemic flu outbreak.
Especially for parents
EMU will make communication with parents of students top priority in the event of a crisis.
Emergency notification system
Read the results from our 24 March 2011 test of our emergency notification system, in operation for over two years.
Sign up for e2campus alerts
To sign up for EMU alerts via text message, follow these steps:
- go to myEMU (http://my.emu.edu);
- login with your Royals username and password;
- Click the ALERTS tab;
- click on the “EMU Alerts Signup” link in the left column;
- follow the instructions in the “EMU Alerts Sign Up” box.
E-mail individual team members, listed below, , or phone the EMU student life offices at 540-432-4135.
- Ken L. Nafziger, chair, vice president for student life
- Jessica Garwood, student life
- Mike Zucconi, information officer
- Pam Comer, counseling services
- Marcy Engle, human resources
- Ann Hershberger, nursing department (liaison)
- Eldon Kurtz, facilities management
- Dave Emswiler, campus safety
- Eric Codding, residence life
- Daryl Bert, vice president of finance
- Jack Rutt, information systems
- Margaret Upton, FNP, health services
- Andrea Schrock Wenger, marketing and communications
- Twila Yoder, president’s office