Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Want to join your values with your professional nursing career? Join our 24-month online master’s level program.
The program is designed for working nurses who need to maintain commitments and remain on the job while developing leadership and management skills for the non-profit sector, multi-cultural settings and complex health care systems.
While the program is online, you will be part of a community of learners. Recent graduates praise the values-based program that provided a supportive network for their professional exploration and development.
The program is unique in its approach to health care leadership from an inter-professional perspective, including business and management, conflict transformation, nursing, and education courses.
Choose either part time or full time while continuing to work. Clinical hours are required, most of which may be accomplished within the work setting.
- Employers say they hire EMU graduates because of their high moral values, broader view toward others, above average communication skills, strong values, good critical thinking skills and self confidence.
Choose one of two tracks:
MSN: Leadership and Management
- Empowers graduates to lead and collaborate in complex health care systems with a social justice framework.
- Develops skills for responsive leaders to function in diverse settings.
- Provides academic preparation for either the Nurse Executive Board Certification Exam (ANCC) or the Certified Nurse Manager and Leader Exam (AONE) if certification is desired.
MSN: Leadership/School Nursing
- Prepares graduates in the management of health care for school-age children in response to the diverse needs of children in the school setting.
- Includes 12 credits of coursework leading to a Pennsylvania Department of Education Level I certification for PA nurses.
Distinctives of EMU MSN graduate studies
- Interprofessional: business, education, conflict transformation, and nursing courses.
- Sacred covenant framework of nursing based on both faith and high professional standards,on bringing people to wholeness and healing.
- Small class size to enhance community building.
- Primarily online distance learning with some virtual classes.
- Expert faculty with cross-cultural experience.
- Clinical hours arranged near the student’s residence in collaboration among student, faculty, agency, and preceptor.
- Develops leadership skills while being mindful of what is just, culturally competent, respectful and sacred.